Friday, November 7, 2008

Blood donation again! BUT...

I made an appoinment few weeks ago for today's blood donation!
Who knows!
During the interview, the interviewer checked my BP and haemoglobin counts(this is the routine for every donor). Only those with good haemoglobin counts can donate blood!
I was actually having LOW BP and LOW HAEMOGLOBIN COUNTS!
For more accurate checks, the interviewer got me to lie on the bed and they will check my haemoglobin counts again by taking 10ml of my blood!
Just like donating blood, they inserted a needle (smaller than the usual blood donation's needle)into my vessel.
UNFORTUNATELY, I couldn't donate blood today and in the next 6 months!
Because I have low haemoglobin counts. They said they will further checking my blood to make sure there is no problem with me.
And said maybe I had less iron intake since last donation.
Yes I think so (I didn't really eat meat).
They also told me that they will give me a call if there is any problem with my blood!
AND I NEED TO REST FOR 6 MONTHS TO REALLY REGAIN MY RED BLOOD CELLS!

I know I was just too stress last 2 months for practicum, assignments and etc!
Hopefully there is nothing wrong with me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...