Saturday, December 13, 2014

Ilakkias Curry House @ Senai

Since I started working in Senai, I began to look for food surrounding this area. Senai is a place where I concluded to be a "hard to look for food" place! Anyway, there's still some very famous food here such as bitter gourd soup, Senai fried chicken and curry!

I remember I discovered an authentic Indian curry house hiding in a back valley of an industrial park when I was driving around to look for food.
Ilakkias Curry House sells all kind of curries and the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner are all different. I've tried all three but I'll first blog about their breakfast!

Ilakkias serves prata, nan, poori, thosai with a variety of flavors.Chris and I went for an early breakfast before sending me off to work. Here's our breakfast to start the day!

Poori served with 2 curry gravies and a potato side dish


Plain thosai served with 3 curry gravies.
 

Can't really remember what's the price for each already but the price is very reasonable. It only cost us less than RM10 for poori, thosai and 2 cups of teh tarik. Ilakkias also serving local favourites - nasi lemak, mee goreng and some Indian kuih-muih.

This is the first Indian restaurant in JB I found authentic (even their staff are all Indian from India) and nice to have a try! Must try their lunch for Briyani - you will love it for sure!


Ilakkias Curry House
139, Jalan Senai Utama 5/17,
Taman Senai Utama, Senai,
81400, Senai, Johor.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...