Sunday, June 7, 2015

2D1N KL Food Trip

Been very stressed out for not getting to go hanging around after knowing my family is going to Hokkaido end of June (well, I'm excluded for the trip for some reason which you will know later in this post).
Since it's Agong's Birthday on the 6th June, Chris promised to bring me to KL for a short getaway (Hooray to the lovely hubby)!

One thing I've been craving for long is the famous KL chili pan mee! Honestly I do not know how to describe the yummy-ness, you should just try out yourself.  


Kin Kin Chili Pan Mee

From what Chris told me before, this is an old shop and the old man in the shop is the creator of this yummy pan mee! From an old shoplot, they are now having a few more branches in KL & Selangor area.

Something really special about the pan mee is their special made chili (secret recipe which some weird people even stealing the chili home).


Very spicy chili making you sweat but you will still ask for more! Combination of pan mee, minced pork, soft boiled egg, deep fried anchovies (ikan bilis goreng) and a few spoonful of chili .... Fuyoh! Irresistible!
You can also make a side order of their fish ball, pork meatball and fish beancurd.
The price is not as cheap but I would say the food is well worth for what you pay!

Kin Kin Chili Pan Mee
40, Jalan Dewan Sultan Sulaiman, 
Kampung Baru, 50300, 
Kuala Lumpur


After a satisfying lunch, Chris and I went for a movie. Would really recommend this movie "SPY" to you! Not just a normal comedy but a comedy with storyline. Jason Statham is such a talented comedian I would say! So big different from his role in Fast 7 lol
Anyway, it's a good movie to have you relax!




Time to check in to hotel after movie. I have to say this about myself... I have a very weird habit that I always stick to the same thing (eg. hotel, facial, hairstylist etc) once I felt comfortable with it and that it is difficult for me to swap or change. I mean... the main point is I chose the same hotel AGAIN for my one night stay in KL. Here's the hotel I feel very comfortable with... VIVATEL KL
Well, it's a four star hotel with reasonable price and comfy bed!



So when you have a short trip, the trip will totally become food hunting trip where you will just keep on eating lol
Yes, I admit! Cause we are already thinking where and what to eat for dinner (we went out around 7+ pm though --- Chris was so into his TOS game)! Anyway, we decided to go to Morganfield's for pork ribs!


MORGANFIELD'S @ PAVILION KL

Basically you will get to taste pork ribs with different flavours and some other meat, poultry, sides, salads etc. Browse their website www.morganfields.com for the menu. It's been way too long since I last had BBQ pork ribs back in Aussie (Hurricane's @ Sydney https://hurricanesgrill.com.au).

We ordered half slab of Garlicky BBQ Spare Ribs serving with coleslaw and french fries & Chili Loco Taco (taco filled with chili concarne with lettuce, julienne tomatoes, red onions topped with guacamole, sour cream and mixed cheese, serving with smoky baked beans and french fries).

Yummy! I really love that taco! The combination of the chili concarne, sour cream and guacamole made an extra excite in the mouth!
The spare ribs is soft and tender; the garlic really brought a different taste to the ribs! ***remind me of Hurricane's pork ribs, still, I'll say Hurricane's is better. Anyway, Morganfield's pork ribs did not disappoint me either***


After a good and filling dinner, I was already feel like sleeping lol (really pig).

Morganfield's @ Pavilion KL
C4.03.00, Level 4 Pavilion KL Shopping Mall


Waking up in the morning, bringing the "still sleepy eyes" but hungry stomach to have the last round of food hunt before heading back home! So, it was around 11am. Best time for brunch! Well, I've been hearing people talking or sharing photos on Instagram/ Facebook of yummy brunches in KL area. Finally had the chance to have a try!



Our last decision -----> ANTIPODEAN COFFEE @ BANGSAR

I'm not sure if the shop is always crowded, it was full house with people queuing outside when we arrived. Anyway, we didn't have a long wait. 
Nice coffee scent in the shop, people eating with joy and leaving the shop with satisfaction. Well, I can tell they are happy with the food and service here.
Something I found special about the shop is its menu! They do not have a typical menu booklet or hardcopy... the menu is written on the wall! Very special! However, it may be difficult for you to read if you are seated far from the menu or your angle from the menu is just not right lol 




Haven't been eating western style brunch for LONG....

Chris ordered a Big Breakfast and I had Eggs Benedict.

Big Breakfast with toast, pork sausage (or you can choose from bacon, chicken, beef and pork sausage), sauteed mushrooms, scrambled egg and hash brown


Eggs Benedicts with two toast, bacon, pouched eggs topped with hollandaise sauce, served with salads (yummmm~ always my favourite)


Antipodean Coffee @ BAngsar
20, Jalan Telawi 2, 
Bangsar Baru, 
59100 Kuala Lumpur
 

So, we could mark a perfect full stop after yummy brunch and short shopping time @ One Utama. Very satisfied with this trip despite the long and tiring journey!


Anyway... I was excluded for Hokkaido Trip because I'm carrying Baby G now~
So it's Baby G first trip to KL (in my tummy lol) !

Showing off my 23 weeks baby bump =P



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...