Friday, May 27, 2011

Bon Appetit

Weather is getting colder and colder... I've always think of ways to keep myself warm. You know, add more clothes, quilt...all basic stuff. And people always say that red meat (beef and mutton) keep you warm...Too bad, I don't eat either! That's why I have to think other ways...haha! And my very special way of keeping myself warm is eating hot dessert!!! Very logical... when you feel cold, will you still eat cold thing to make yourself even colder (well, I do sometimes. I love eating ice-cream when it's cold! I thought it's really exciting  =P)? For sure, most people choose hot stuff over cold stuff! My second logic...dessert is sweet, sweet gives you energy and it's quite filling!

So all my logics make this dessert! Let see what we've got~


Red Bean Paste + Glutinous Rice Ball  红豆汤圆甜品



As chinese, we normally eat glutinous rice ball during Winter (lunar calendar)and every year after you have eaten glutinous rice ball, you are 1 year older. Glutinous rice ball which is tang yuan 汤圆 in Mandarin also mean reunion, people also eat it when someone's getting married - tuan yuan, tuan yuan (reunion) is a good sight! 

Erm, I know  it's still not Winter but I really feel like tang yuan BUT BUT BUT doesn't mean that I get 1 year older after I eat them ok!!! Eating tang yuan with red bean paste...first time making it this way...wonder if it's gonna be nice...

YES YES YES, it's super nice! Very satisfied yum~

DO YOU WANNA MAKE ONE???

You know I'm very kind, I'm more than happy to share my love~
And here's my love!


Ingredients: (2 people)
  • 1/2 cup of red bean 
  • 3-4 cup of water
  • crystal sugar (depend on you preferred sweetness)
  • glutinous rice ball (any flavour you like, I have black sesame and peanut) or you can make it yourself with glutinous rice flour + water (just mix them and make into small balls)

Steps:
  1. Wash red bean and soak in water for ~30minutes (this saves your time in boiling the red bean, the longer you soak it, the faster you can get it cooked and soft).
  2. Boil red bean for around 1 hour or until the red beans are cooked and soft. Check and stir every 15 minutes so the water don't dry out. 
  3. Add crystal sugar into the red bean paste and stir.
  4. Add glutinous rice ball. Cook until they float on the surface (means it's cooked!). Turn off the heat and it's done!'
  5. Serve while it's hot~~~

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...