Saturday, July 2, 2011

Naughty lunch from Eastwood BBQ Kitchen

Took away lunch from Eastwood BBQ Kitchen (好上好烧腊小厨) - A Hong Kong style BBQ. I know there's a new restaurant started operating recently in Eastwood (location: previously De Macao Cafe) but they have a small shop at the same roll as Super Fresh Supermarket (next to a DVD store) and the shop is only for take away order (I guess this is for the convenience of the customers as they won't be a big crowd waiting in the restaurant to order take away BBQ). And since they have good business, it's really wise to keep this small shop =)

Haven't really dine in the restaurant after it started operating but I have been taking away BBQ from the small shop since their opening in Eastwood earlier this year (another branch is at Chatswood). Honestly, their BBQ are really great! I used to take away BBQ from another BBQ shop in Eastwood (not gonna mention the name here); and since I tried the BBQ from Eastwood BBQ Kitchen, I don't take away BBQ from that shop anymore (what does this mean? Means the BBQ from Eastwood BBQ Kitchen taste better than the other one!).


Let's see what've I taken away today~
It's on the special menu and I don't see this at the Chatswood branch.

咸蛋三寳飯
Erm... I have no idea how to translate this...
Salted egg with three treasure rice (crap -_-|||)???

It has really big serve! And I normally divide into 2 meals.

Yum yum, very attractive (¯﹃¯)

So, what's the three treasure?
Salted egg with 3 different BBQ - soy sauce chicken, char siew and lub cheong
I the chicken ALOT!!! We don't have this kind of chicken in Malaysia.
In Malaysia, we normally have the steam chicken (白斩鷄) and roasted chicken (烧鷄) while Hong Kong style BBQ do not have roasted chicken (they have dried scallop steamed chicken and soy sauce chicken).
One of the reasons I love the chilcken is because of the ginger and shallot which meant to be eaten with the chicken. Don't think it's JUST ginger and shallot!!! It just tastes more than that!



OK I know it's so FATTENING to have BBQ as lunch!!! BUT BUT BUT I only have it once in a while so I won't gain too much weight from that *finger crossed*
Hopefully I'll get to visit the restaurant soon (not as soon though)! If you are a big fan of BBQ, I'll recommend you to try EASTWOOD BBQ KITCHEN / CHATSWOOD BBQ KITCHEN ^^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...